Thursday 6 February 2014

January Favourites

I know it is a bit late for a monthly favourites post but there is so much that I enjoyed throughout January that I want to share it all with you.

I am currently reading 1984 by George Orwell and am really enjoying it. It is about a man living in a world where big brother watches over your every move. It is interesting as it was published in 1949 as a prediction of what the world would be like in the future. It shows George Orwell's pessimistic views of society and gives a creepy vision of how the world could easily become. It captures your interest from the start and is a book which is hard to put down.

The Carrie Diaries has been a firm favourite TV show of mine recently and I managed to watch two whole series's in just under two weeks. It is about Carrie Bradshaw (pre-sex in the city) and her life as a teenage girl living in Connecticut. She dreams of being a writer in New York and we follow her through all her life's dramas. I love the 80's style clothes, makeup and hair as well as the classic american high school scenario. It is completely addictive as you can (if you are a teenage girl) immediately empathise with Carrie and her life.

I have been obsessed Brightly coloured eyeshadows (mainly due to my many Carrie Diaries marathons) throughout January. I normally use this ELF pallet as it has pretty much every colour you can imagine. I personally prefer bright eyeshadows to be matte and my favourite colour schemes have been pink and purple. 

I love this elvive sparkling shampoo and conditioner (although sadly it doesn't actually make my hair sparkly) as it really seems to tame my hair and make it less 'fluffy'. I think people with thick hair who want it thinner are forgotten about by haircare brands. If you share my thick, unruly, fluffy hair and want to make it more sleek and manageable then I highly recommend this.

Feministe has quickly become one of my favourite blogs as it features feminist, anti-homophobia and anti-racism posts as well as links to other interesting articles. It is very well written and I highly recommend it if you want to find some new short but thought provoking articles.

My last favourite this month is Blogging! I only started wishbone a few weeks ago but have quickly developed a blog obsession. I hope you enjoy reading my posts as much I enjoy writing them!

Speak to you soon...



No comments:

Post a Comment